You might be forgiven for thinking that advertising in 2018 is all digital. We have so much at our disposal online, do we really need to bother with hardcopy anymore?
Well, the answer is yes.
There’s a lot to be said for leaflet advertising. If you want to stand out from the crowd in a world dominated by Twitter and Facebook, it makes sense not to overlook more traditional forms of marketing.
What is Leaflet Advertising?
Essentially, it’s putting a leaflet through someone’s door or handing it to them on the street. It’s still one of the most successful ways to target your audience and is a lot cheaper to implement than many people think.
The Pros of Leaflet Advertising
- It delivers a good ROI. If you want more bang for your bucks, done properly, leaflet advertising can deliver a pretty good return for a relatively small investment.
- It’s great for local targeting. If your business largely depends on a local audience, then putting leaflets through customer’s doors close to home is by far the best way to get your message directly in front of them.
- Not all people are on social media. Most do, however, live somewhere. We tend to get carried away with the online marketing world without realising that many people don’t actually use it much at all. Leaflet advertising can help you reach people that other businesses, which are solely online, can’t.
- You can target with more information. The online equivalent to leaflet advertising is usually pay per click advertising. If you write a Google Ad you have only a small amount of space to get potential customers engaged. Leaflets give you much more scope to use your imagination and really create a compelling message.
- Leaflets stick around. Digital messages can come and go in the blink of an eye. Leaflets get picked up, put on table tops, are seen more regularly and can get noticed by people visiting or passing by, widening your reach organically.
- You can use them for different things. It’s not just about getting a mailing list and delivering through the right doors. Your leaflets can be used at events or instore to give customers and remind them of your upcoming promotions.
The Disadvantages of Leaflet Advertising
- You need to create a quality product. Poorly designed or badly thought out leaflets can be quickly discarded and put in the recycling bin. It’s a different medium to online advertising so you need to think about your content in a much more exclusive way.
- Even the quality of the paper that you use for your leaflets can influence whether they get read or not.
- Like online advertising, leaflet advertising works best when it is focused. Trying to put too much content into your leaflet can be counterproductive.
- You need a good mailing list. Targeting is often taken for granted online because there are so many tools available and large amounts of data. With hardcopy leaflets, targeting is just as important and you need to work on your mailing list to make sure you are sending the message out to the right people. For example, if you have product that appeals to the older generation, you don’t really want to be targeting areas where most of the residents are families with young children.
In today’s competitive world, leaflet advertising is a powerful tool that reaches those who are not online and allows your business to stand out from the competition, particularly on the local stage.
At CN Leaflet Distributors, we work with you to identify the right demographics to target, supporting you to put together a leaflet that really does wow your customers.
Our team are on hand to help you grow your brand, whether you’re a small start-up hoping for big things or a large corporation that wants to diversify its marketing reach.
Contact us today to find out more.